Monday, July 09, 2007

'Tripping Into Plimoth

Early one morning this week, I traveled down Route 3A in Plymouth on my way to Manomet to have breakfast with [some friends]. This is a Saturday morning ritual . . . it's a time for us to connect, share ideas and talk about the books we're reading and the places we have been during the week. After a hearty breakfast at The Three Sisters, by 8:45 I was traveling north on 3A when I saw the sign for Plimoth Plantation. Although I knew that as a Massachusetts teacher, admission would be free, I chose not to go in the Visitor's Center and check in. Instead, I took the winding staff path past the Visitor's Center to the Wampanoag Homesite. Though it was fun watching the young women in the Pilgrim costumes and imagining being a young maiden wearing layers of long skirts, but I'm glad I live in the 21st century! - adapted from a contribution by Elizabeth Mills Evans of Gather (see Golfing for Crabs)

Explore the Massachusetts South Coast with our Upcoming Cape Edition! Pre-Order Now at a Special Price!

Labels